My Groups:
12:07 UTC
   Log in to check your private messages    Medals Medals    Profile Profile     Search Search     Memberlist Memberlist     Usergroups Usergroups     Log in Log in  
[Released] Project Reality: Vietnam Release Date!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forgotten Honor Forum Index -> Project Reality
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:28 am    
Hawk2k9

Medals: 72 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote

[R-DEV]AncientMan wrote:

Exactly two years after our first announcement, the award winning Project Reality and Black Sand Studio teams are proud to announce the release of our first public version of PR:BF2 Vietnam, to be released on:

Friday, April 6th, 2012

Download Information
PR:Vietnam will be distributed using a separate installer available via Torrent and direct download. It will be accessible on the day mentioned above.

Included in the PR:BF2 Vietnam release is a brand new updater. This updater will allow you to keep up to date with the latest advancements we are making, including bug fixes and new features as they get created. This will avoid the need to manually download and install new patches. Be sure to watch PR:BF2's ingame news-ticker and the PR:BF2 Vietnam forum to keep track of changes and updates. Messages will be posted in order to inform you when an update is necessary.

Similar to our latest map pack, this is our second official PR:BF2 DLC release, and will also be completely optional. However, in order to be able to play on all servers we strongly recommend to download and install it.

In the future PR:BF2 Vietnam will be completely integrated into the main PR:BF2 build, and will be featured in the upcoming version 1.0.

New Features and Changes

• 3 new factions: Vietnam War era US Army, USMC and NVA
  • 2 brand new maps as well as 2 modified existing PR:BF2 maps
  • Many new vehicles, weapons and other equipment

Server Files
If you currently host a Project Reality: BF2 game server you will be able to download the files needed for PR:BF2 Vietnam via the Server Admin Control Panel prior to release. If you want to start hosting a server, please follow the link below to apply for a Server License.

PR Server License - Project Reality Forums

If you are in the market for a new game server to host Project Reality, look no further than PR's officially endorsed server provider, Alpha Networks. Alpha Networks provide Project Reality game servers to the public at highly competitive prices, as well as dedicated servers and first-class customer support.

In conclusion, the Project Reality Studios team would like to extend a few thanks.
First and foremost, Alpha Networks, for providing the PR team with critical test and build servers. Without their support, PR:BF2 Vietnam would likely never have happened. Last, but not least, we would like to thank the Eve of Destruction and Battlefield: Korea modifications for providing us with many crucial assets.

- The Project Reality Team

Source: www.realitymod.com
tags: date, prbf2, release, vietnam

Last edited by Hawk2k9 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:57 am; edited 3 times in total 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 am    
Hawk2k9

Reply with quote  Quote
 Looking at the linkpath of the pictures, it could also be an april fool, so enjoy this news with caution, gentlemen. But on the other side, the original Anouncement of Existence of Project Reality: Vietnam has also been made on a 1st of April and confirmed on April 4th.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:41 pm    
baz44331
Manager mbw

Medals: 17 Gaming Profile

Honorary Member 2013 (Amount: 1)

Reply with quote  Quote
 lets pray its the real thing! Very Happy

Na its a joke. click the pic and the URL has April fools...... runs off crying..... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:38 pm    
liam70000

Medals: 33 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote
 are we will see this week

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 pm    
DanielNL
Team Member
Legionaire
Private

Medals: 65 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote
 They wouldn't plan suuuuch a complex april fools joke... PR:V release is true. Of course the pic url has "april_fool" in it, since they planned to release and released those pics as "april fools joke" on 1st april... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 pm    
Pantyfas
 Management Campaign Admin

Medals: 28 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote
 Pics so far released

http://i.imgur.com/aSEfT.png

http://i.imgur.com/1cW1c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gG7cL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YubNh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kLUp1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FJXR4.jpg

Videos:

FH Invictus Member (2PARA)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:09 pm    
Hawk2k9

Reply with quote  Quote
 i will edit the thread title as soon as it is out Wink Hope to play with your guys tonight Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:06 am    
Hawk2k9

Reply with quote  Quote

Quote:
The award winning Project Reality and Black Sand Studio teams are proud to announce the official release of Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam!

As announced last Sunday, we have gotten to the stage where we are ready to release the first version of Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam. While this release is still in beta form, we feel it is the right time to show the public the progress we have been making, and help serve as a platform for testing content in the public environment before it's inclusion in our next version, v1.0.

This release is in the form of a single installer, and is a completely optional addon. However, due to many servers running the addon, we strongly recommend that everyone download and install it to avoid problems with servers running a mixed map rotation. The download links can be found on our official downloads page:

Download Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam Here

Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam Beta Trailer
While everyone is busy downloading the release, take some time to watch the official release trailer! We're sure it'll help get you in the mood to get your game face on and get some!

Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam Beta Features
While still in beta, the addon contains some impressive content. Of course, more content will come in the future, but for now, the following is including in this beta:

• 3 Factions, US Army, US Marine Corps and North Vietnamese Army
  • 4 Maps, Battle of Ia Drang, Dien Duong, Barracuda and Tad Sae
  • 20 new vehicles, including the A1H Plane, UH-1C Gunship and PBR Patrol Boat
  • 14 new weapons, including the M20 Super-Bazooka, fully-automatic M14 and M79 grenade launcher
  • Complex tunnel systems
  • Fully functioning airplane dropped napalm
  • And many more features!

April Fools Reactions
Due to the announcement happening on April Fools Day, there were some priceless reactions from the community, and much speculation all around. A lot of people remembered back to our original PR:BF2 Vietnam Announcement 2 years ago on April Fools, and many people were as confused and fooled as back then. Here are some of our favorite comments:[INDENT]SnipeHunt
The joke is that Vietnam has NEVER been worked on. Trolling the PR forums for 2 years now!

Archerchef
Jokeception.
Tell us they're going to make Project Reality Vietnam on April Fools. People think it's April Fools joke but its not. Then tell us it's going to be released on April Fools with the directory of the pictures name "april_fools" only to tell us NOPE April Fools we were never going to release it.
Douches

CopyCat
Is this for real !? Or just one big joke to make the whole community fuzz about for a whole week

Stealth Clobber
I made the after April Fools Day PR News with my last quote about PRV, so I'm keeping my mouth shut with this one lol.[/INDENT]Overall, the week long "jokeception" was very successful, and the overall community reaction gave the Project Reality Team great satisfaction and enjoyment. Thanks to all of you who participated!

Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam Beta Server Files
If you currently host a Project Reality game server, you would have received the server files for Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam via the Server Admin Control Panel in the last few hours. If you are interested in hosting a new server, please follow the link below to apply for a server license.

Apply for a Project Reality Server License Here

If you are in the market for a new game server to host Project Reality: BF2, look no further than PR's officially endorsed server provider, Alpha Networks. Alpha Networks provide Project Reality: BF2 game servers to the public at highly competitive prices, as well as dedicated servers, and first-class customer support.

In conclusion, we hope that everyone enjoys Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam. Even though it is still in beta, we are confident that everyone can look past the slight amount of bugs that currently exist, and have an enjoyable time while fighting in the new environments. Please keep an eye out on the Project Reality: BF2 Vietnam forums for future announcements regarding updates and patches to this beta!

- The Project Reality Team

Source: www.realitymod.com
tags: bf2, project, reality, released, vietnam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:47 am    
DanielNL
Team Member
Legionaire
Private

Medals: 65 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote
 Aaaaaawesome thing this is... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:32 am    
Mike_the_Spike
Premium Donator

Medals: 19 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote

DanielNL wrote:
Aaaaaawesome thing this is... Very Happy
Damn strait it is, Vietnam anyway I haven't found a populated server playing the modern maps yet, people are lovin the Vietnam maps.

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this.
The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk".

Your Horoscope: You're tired of people accusing you of throwing money at your problems. Luckily, these people can usually be bribed to shut up.

I tend to ramble so read carefully anything I write before getting offended.  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:00 pm    
zapata
1st Legionaire
Premium Donator

Medals: 101 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote
 Last night we had great fun at old Fallujah. 3 caches taken out by FH sq.

Nayles the survivor

Ambush ins main

Whinning ins about FH stop revive

My attempt to sneak behind last cache but some other sq came same position with humwee and horn. however we took out hte cache.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 am    
Mike_the_Spike
Premium Donator

Medals: 19 Gaming Profile

Reply with quote  Quote
 The modern warfare maps seem the same as when I played it in the past only everything seems to work better. I guess they didn't add any of those. First PR AT kill tonight ever.

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this.
The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk".

Your Horoscope: You're tired of people accusing you of throwing money at your problems. Luckily, these people can usually be bribed to shut up.

I tend to ramble so read carefully anything I write before getting offended.  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forgotten Honor Forum Index -> Project Reality All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1 

Jump to: